Christmas is a special time, full of love, fun and joy. But not every nationality celebrates Christmas the same. We compared the celebration of Christmas in the USA and Germany.
- Christmas is the most important celebration in Germany.
- People start opening their presents in the late evening of the 24th of December, some people go to church for a late service.
- German people celebrate the birth of Christ. The “Christkind” gives the presents.
- Before opening the presents, most families read a story or sing songs.
- The other two days most of the people visit their relatives or their friends and eat way too much food.
- People start opening their presents in the morning of the 25th of December.
- They celebrate Christmas a lot more colourful than here in Germany. They decorate their houses and schools more, there are often tons of coulourful lights and more plastic stuff – like Christmas trees.
- Santa Claus brings the gifts. In the night of the 24th December some children prepare milk and cookies for Santa Claus. ( Of course Santa loves this!)
- The most popular food at Christmas is a big turkey roast.
Written by Nivin Ramadan
**WE WISH YOU A MERRRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR**
Quellen: (www.homify.de / travelworks.de / http://www.wikipedia.de)